Monday, February 25, 2008

Waking Up . . .


Good Morning! I invite you to consider these WordsWorth Remembering , from jazz singer Cleo Laine:

"Nurses told me I awoke from the anesthetic singing. I asked if it was any good. They said it was loud."

My prayer, O Living God, is this:

Today, it is good to be waking up.
Some of us are waking up from a good night’s sleep, for which we are very grateful.
Some of us are waking up from “not so much” sleep; for these we ask that you give them your rest.
Some of us are waking up to a workday; bless each with meaning, purpose and
effectiveness.
Some of us are waking up to another day of questions, illness and recovery. Bless these with your healing presence.
Some of us are waking up from sleep-walking through life, just beginning to discover new questions and new possibilities. Bless these with a great sense of discovery, curiosity, wonder and newness of life.

Amen.

May you find a blessing in this day for you.

No comments: